Saturday, January 24, 2009

Still Thinking Whether You Should Blog ?

Hi,

I was just talking to some friends or acquaintances on blogging and they were wondering if blogging is right for them.

I told them that if you are already using a PC for email correspondences and also surfing the Internet for information, then you are an ideal candidate to blog.

Next, they asked me what to blog or write about?

I suggested that they should write about something that they know well that they want to share.

For examples:

- working experiences like real estate, teaching methods, etc....

- hobby like dog, cat, parrot, stamp collecting, growing orchids, beading, etc....

- life experiences like life during world war I or/and world war II, how you manage past recessions, your career as a teacher, or engineer, doctor, etc....

What I am trying to say is that we definitely have some experiences whether good or bad that you can share or that you would like to write as memories. Just like a scrapbook.....

In fact, I have a blog on memories of my parenting experiences and it was not for commercial purposes. I was inspired by a father writing 2 books for his son; I bought and read the 2 books.

So I decided to write on my own experiences as I hope that my son and my grandchildren will find the time to read it one day. In fact, I am even thinking of printing it and binding it as a book for them one day too!

I did not make any effort to publicise it or implement any traffic generation techniques, but I have reasonable no. of visitors to this blog as they must have found it informative or entertaining...?

I have not make any money from this blog and it was never intended for that purpose but I really enjoy writing it and have been posting an entry a week. Besides sharing some parenting tips, I have also posted many photos of my son too.

I strongly encouraged the elder folks to blog as they have so much experiences to share with the younger people or to pass on to them.

Check out these 2 sites; from the 2 oldest blogger. One has passed away already but check out their sites and get some idea on what they blog about. They also got lots of emails or comments from the visitors, proving that they have a lot to share with us.

http://www.allaboutolive.com.au/

http://amis95.blogspot.com/2007/01/world-oldest-blogger.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/14/oldest.blogger/index.html

So it is never too old to blog if it is holding you back..... especially if you are using free facilities like Blogger too.

I hope I have excited you to blog and that you will enjoy it too.....

Take care!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment